Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Ibanez GIO GRG121DX

Here is my new Ibanez GIO GRG121DX, in Starlight Blue Sunburst.

It's a lovely thing. I got it reasonably cheaply on eBay, advertised as being brand new, an unwanted gift - and it turned out that was true, immaculate condition and it came with a great gig bag too.

 As far as I know it has a mahogany body and a maple neck, 24 fret rosewood fingerboard and IBZ-6 Humbucking pickups.

I'm not well versed with technicalities to be honest, all I know is that the action is great, and it sounds really good through my Fender Mustang 1 v2 amp.

You can't get simpler controls... well actually I guess you can, but one volume, one tone and a selector work nicely, and the tuners are precise, if a little too stiff.

Okay, I really wanted a red one, but the blue has grown on me, it's a lovely finish.

It's nicely weighted too, unlike for example my Epiphone SG which is very neck heavy.

All I need to do now is learn how to play it!

No comments: